Being single can be a bummer especially when your friends constantly remind you. But you aren’t sad being alone, in fact, you’re quite happy and content. Maybe you’ve recently come out of a relationship, maybe it’s been a long time since you’ve been with anyone but it’s all good. Now, you’re relearning how to enjoy your own company and loving yourself.
1. Being alone doesn’t mean you’re lonely. Try to commit to your own happiness for once. What makes you live and love life? Is it an old hobby? Do you enjoy working on projects? Doing what you love is a great way to spend time with yourself.
2. Go out with other single people. This is a given, you have nothing in common with couples especially when they have kids. Having dinner with your married friends is great and all but admit that it makes you miserable to see other people so committed and happy already.
3. Celebrate yourself! Treat your hardworking butt and buy what makes you happy. It could be a trip, a bottle of wine or a birthday suit anything goes when you’re single and loaded.
4. Date. You might think this is an odd suggestion but it’s not. Dating is supposed to be fun you don’t need to commit right away with your Tinder date. You can also think of it as practice, every day that you date leads you closer to what you like in yourself and in people you’re romantically entangled with.
5. Keep your head up. Being single isn’t a death sentence, surround yourself with family and friends. Love is all that you really need and as long you’re kind, open and adventurous you’re never alone.
All in all be happy with what you already have. Some people have absolutely nothing. Don’t dwell on what you think you might have lost because there are people who haven’t even got to experience what you think you lost or what you have now