A woman from London was rushed to the hospital after she suffered a stroke while she was having an orgasm during oral sex with her partner.
A woman nearly died after she suffered a stroke while her partner was giving her oral sex, reported Metro. The woman was soon rushed to the hospital after she suffered from a stroke. The 44-year-old woman, who is believed to be from West London passed out as she was nearing orgasm and scans later revealed a blood vessel had burst inside her skull. Even though she was suffering from a comparatively moderate headache, when she came round after three minutes of unconsciousness, she was taken to A&E in an ambulance.
Doctors led by Yunus Gokdogan at the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital wrote in a BMJ case report: “On closer history taking, the patient reported nearing orgasm while receiving oral sex from her partner before losing consciousness. https://t.co/H9QWpX6sfG— Kenya West© (@KinyanBoy) March 13, 2019
The doctors did not directly explain the cause of the stroke, but they said that changes in blood pressure during sex are 'well-described' as a cause of bursting blood vessels. The woman, who wished to remain unnamed was treated at the West Middlesex University Hospital in Isleworth, situated in the London borough of Hounslow. It is not known if her partner is a male or female.
The staff said they noticed 'her body was stiff' when her partner was performing oral sex on her. The doctors recorded the case of the woman in the medical journal BMJ Case Reports said, "On closer history taking, the patient reported nearing orgasm while receiving oral sex from her partner before losing consciousness."
I wanna send this to someone cuz i thought i was gon die with 3 back to back RT @nypost: Woman suffers stroke after oral sex orgasm causes brain bleed https://t.co/HaHlcd1ETc pic.twitter.com/uyfIoHkoF5— Lucylubitchez (@lucylubitchez) March 13, 2019
They continued, "She had been otherwise well preceding the event." When the woman arrived in the A&E, her vital signs were normal and she was fully awake and was responsive. She said that she was feeling unwell but she did not vomit.
She said that she had a headache at the front of her head which she rated six out of 10 on a pain scale. The doctors initially thought that she was suffering a seizure but CT scans revealed there was blood between her skull and her brain, showing she had actually had a stroke.
Burst my brain— OurFavOnlineDoctor 🥳🏁 (@DrOlufunmilayo) March 13, 2019
Burst my brain
Lick my plate
Lick my plate
Shebi you see what it can cause 🤷🏾♂️
Please keep your plate in the cupboard.
“Woman suffers stroke after oral sex orgasm causes brain bleed”- New York Post.https://t.co/Sen0UWNmZk
The doctors identified a subarachnoid hemorrhage, which is an uncommon type of bleeding on the brain, but they said that it was only small in size. In the report, the doctors acknowledged that sexual activity has been 'well-described' as a cause of blood vessels bursting because it increases blood pressure. The doctors also pointed out that during the past research that has been done on people having penetrative sex but suggests oral sex could have the same effect. They wrote, "Older studies with [artery] monitoring during coitus demonstrate that during sexual activity blood pressure, as well as heart rate, is very [liable to change], with particular rises during orgasm."
While treating the woman, the doctors noted that they did a procedure known as endovascular coiling, which involves injecting metals into the artery to trigger clotting and stop bleeding. The woman spent two weeks in the hospital before being sent home with no lasting problem. She was also revealed to be a serial smoker occasional drinker, asthmatic and had suffered malaria in her brain in her 20s, but these were not directly linked to her stroke in the report.
MIND BLOWING!!! Woman suffers STROKE as lover performed oral sex. Orgasm caused brain bleed— ijeoma(ijeluv) (@ijeomadaisy) March 13, 2019
A woman was rushed to hospital after suffering a stroke while receiving oral sex from her… https://t.co/xwaazjVXcj
Recently, another piece of news surfaced that reported a woman suffered an anaphylactic shock after oral sex because her lover had taken penicillin. The unidentified 31-year-old was rushed to hospital after she started vomiting, breaking out in hives and struggling to breathe. The woman had a severe allergic reaction to her partner's semen after he had taken penicillin.
The patient, who is believed to be from Alicante, Spain, was admitted with suspected anaphylactic shock. She told the doctors that he had a penicillin allergy but denied having taken the drug before giving oral sex. The doctors, later on, discovered that her partner had been on a course of amoxicillin-clavulanic acid, which is a form of penicillin, to treat an ear infection.
According to the doctors at Hospital General Universitari d'Alacant, had worked its way down into the man's semen and made its way into the patient's mouth. The lead author of the medical report, Susana Almenara, is now urging anyone with known drug allergies to be aware of the potential risk and ensure they use condoms. She said, "We think that as clinicians, it is important to be aware of this phenomenon so as to inform and prevent potentially serious reactions in sensitized patients."
She continued, "We also recommend condom use during treatment with drugs that can induce hypersensitivity responses in partners. She also said that it was the first reported case of amoxicillin-induced anaphylaxis that has happened to the woman after having sexual contact with a man taking the drug. She added, "To our knowledge, this is the first case reported of suspicion of amoxicillin-induced anaphylaxis in a woman after sexual contact with a man who was taking the drug, we hypothesized an oral drug transfer through semen." Additionally, she also revealed that there have been a few reports of allergic reactions related to drugs being transferred through sexual intercourse.
People have reacted badly to the drug even after they have kissed but this is thought to be the first through oral sex. It was noted by the doctors that the man took the drug in question four hours before having sexual contact with the woman. While in hospital, she was given a dose of adrenalin and steroids to combat her reaction and she was breathing normally within six hours. But, it took her a week until she recovered completely. Even though it is possible to be allergic to the proteins in semen, the doctors thought it was unlikely in this woman's case as she's performed oral sex before without having any difficulty.
The doctor in the case said, "There are few cases reported of hypersensitivity reactions induced by drugs transported in semen but we have found some concern in sensitive patients about the possibility of transference of allergens via sexual intercourse. As clinicians, we consider that it is important to be aware of the existence of this possibility both in the diagnosis and in the prevention of anaphylactic reactions."